School of Physiology, Nutrition and Consumer Sciences
North-West University: Potchefstroom Campus
Private Bag X6001
(+27) 18 299 2466
(+27) 18 299 2464
· M.Sc. Student in Nutrition (North-West University)
· B.Sc. Honors Degree in Nutrition (North-West University)
· ISAK (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) Level 2 Anthropometrist
· B.Sc. Degree in Human Movement Science (North-West University)
Development of a strategy to increase fruit and vegetable consumption in South Africa.
· Research on contract basis for National Brands Ltd. (Consultant) – Functional foods (2004).
· Attended the 4th International 5 A day Symposium in Christchurch, South Island, New Zealand (2004).
· Attended the Nutrition Congress 2004, 23-27 August 2004, Western Cape, South Africa.
· Team leader of the North-West team of the National Food Consumption Survey – Fortification Baseline (NFCS-FB): South African children 1-9 y old and women of child bearing age (2005).
GREYLING A, DE WITT C, OOSTHUIZEN W, JERLING JC, LESSING MC. 2004. Effects of a locally available policosanol supplement (LesstanolÒ)Octa-60) on serum lipid levels in free-living hypercholesterolaemic and familial hypercholesterolaemic patients. South African journal of clinical nutrition, 17(2): S10. (Abstract). Nutrition Congress, 23 – 27 August 2004, Worcester